Marwan Salloum, P.E.
Deputy Public Works Director
33325 8th Ave. S.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Public Works Street Systems Division responsibilities include:
- Administration of contracts related to planning, design and construction of major and minor capital improvement projects
- Maintaining the local street system, including roadway and shoulder overlays, street sweeping, weeding, pruning of vegetation, street tree planting, litter control, snow and ice removal and other miscellaneous services (Note: Many of these services are performed using private contractors)
- Replacement and maintenance of sidewalks
- Right of way permit issuance and construction inspections for any work performed by residents, utilities and contractors within the public rights of way (must be licensed and bonded)
- Street vacations of unused rights of way
- Assisting the Traffic Division in developing long-range goals and comprehensive planning related to capital improvement projects
The Street Division maintains and repairs streets and sidewalks in the right of way. If you notice any of the following maintenance / repair issues, please report your concern
to the Public Works Department. If your concern needs prompt attention, please call the Public Works Department at 253.835.2700, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or the after-hours call-out service at 800.400.0749 on the evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Potholes (response is usually within 24 hours)
- Hazardous road conditions
- Downed or damaged stop or yield signs
- Fallen trees in the right of way
- Right of way vegetation control
- Litter control issues
- Sidewalk concerns