Public Works Department
Cary M. Roe, P.E.
Director of Parks, Public Works and Emergency Management
33325 8th Ave. South
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Federal Way Public Works Department is managed by the Administrative Division
and organized into six additional divisions.
- The city’s transportation system is a combined effort between the Street Systems Division, which oversees street improvements, capital streets projects and maintenance functions of the city’s rights of way, and the Traffic Division, which provides transportation planning, traffic operation improvements and neighborhood traffic services.
- Development Services Division reviews all engineering plans for residential and commercial development projects.
- Surface Water Management Division manages the city’s natural and man-made surface water systems by providing improvements to the city’s stormwater infrastructure and ensuring maintenance functions.
- Solid Waste and Recycling Division manages the solid waste / recycling utility and franchise contract and provides education and outreach to local residents.
- Emergency Management Division provides services and planning coordination through the Greater Federal Way Emergency Operation Team.
- Not sure if Public Works handles it? Check out our Who Do I Contact? guide.